While you enjoy your whitewater rafting, kayaking, canoeing or other Adventures in the Adirondacks, you may find the following list helpful. You'll find lodging nearby, great restaurants, other attractions & activities & gear stores!
- Alp Horn Motel - Our favorite, great small motel. 15 minutes. Dog friendly.
- Adirondack Farm - Cabins, Wall Tents, Glamping - https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2134364. Minutes up the hill.
- Black Mountain Lodge- Motel, Restaurant and Tavern. Great for groups, 10 minutes away. Dog friendly.
- Riverside House for rent - On River, 10 minutes away.
- House on Ordway Pond - Secluded Large House - sleeps 12 with beautiful landscaped yard on Pond. Swimming area with raft. Minutes away. 7 Bedrooms are: 2 queen, 3 doubles, 2 singles.**FULLY PRIVATE POND!!!** We own full rights to the entirety of this 10acre spring-fed pond. Beautiful swimming free of algae/plants - sandy beach located by the dock. 20+ft deep in the middle - 12ft deep by the raft. Lots of painted turtles, sunfish, bass, salamanders, frogs and tadpoles, and the occasional catfish.
Click link for airbnb or contact owners Joel & Nancy Beaudin at 518-251-2240
- Cabin On Ordway Pond - Can be rented with Ordway Pond house or separately. Click link or contact same owners above.The cabin has a double bed in each of the two bedrooms, bathroom with shower and living/dining area with a futon. The small kitchen has a stove, microwave and refrigerator. There is an enclosed porch with a picnic table and a charcoal grill for outdoors use. It is approximately a two minute walk to the private 10acre lake. Swimming is great here.
- Fallsbrook Yurts - Yurt rentals in the woods. 20 minutes away plus walk in/out.
- Cabins At Mill Creek - Great for groups 10 - 15 minutes away.
- Cedarwood B & B - Quaint B & B nestled in Mountains behind our base. 5 Min. drive. Breakfast included. Also offers camping.
- Dr. Lee Townhouse - In Town, 2 bdrm, sleeps 5, goumet kitchen. 5 minutes to Adirondack Adventures. Contact: Lisa - Hudson River Trading Co. 518-251-5537 / 4461 email@example.com click here for virtual tour via youtube
- Inn On Gore Mountain - Cabins. Next to great food restaurant/tavern. Restaurant/tavern Limited hours of operation, typically open Thurs. thru sun. 518-251-2111. 7 minute drive.
- Goose Pond Inn - Quaint B & B with pond. Eclectic decor. Accommodating Hosts. 5 minutes away. Private Baths, AC, Gourmet Breakfast, walk into town.
- The Little House B & B -Quaint - Comfortable. Less then 20 minutes away. Mention Adirondack Adventures and receive 10% off your stay. Bill - 607-341-1295 http://thelittlehousebandb.com/
- The "Gore Mountain House" - 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and sleeps up to 10 people. Located just of off Main street an easy 2-5 minute walk to North Creek restaurants, shops, grocery store, etc 845-325-5762 , 518-338-9005 (voice mail)
- Garnet Hill Lodge - Log Lodge, Restaurant, X-Country Ski & Mountain Bike Center. House rentals. 7 minutes away at top of mountain behind Adirondack Adventures. Book Rafting with Us and receive special discount rates. Call for details.
- Gore Mountain Lodge - Convenient location next to Gore Mountain, Town, etc. Campfires, Barbacues, etc. 855-846-7365
- Gore Mountain Suites and Chalet - 10 min. away, 5 star rated, great hanging out property, min.'s to North Creek Village
- Sandy Point Motel – On Long Lake. 45 minutes away. AAA Rated. Lakefront, private screened porches, views, sandy beach,boats, etc 518-624-3871, www.sandypointmotel.com
- The Alpine Lodge - Downtown North Creek. Walk to Restaurants, Taverns, Stores, etc.
- The Copperfield Inn - Downtown North Creek. Restaurants and Tavern on site, many other amenities. Walk to Stores, etc.
- Bazil's Mountain Chalet - 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps up to 12 people $900/weekend (Fri PM - Sun AM) $1800/week. www.adkbyowner.com #VR6173.
- North Creek Heads In Beds. Walk to Town, 5 minutes away. $ 35.00 per person, $ 50.00 Per Couple.
- Minerva Inn House Rental - Perfect family retreat - Affordable, spacious – sleeps 10, pool table, gas log stove. Fully equipped kitchen, 4 bedrooms – 1 queen, 2 doubles, 2 twins with 1 double, 2 full baths both with antique tubs with showers. Call Donna or Peter at 315.846.5056.
- O.P. Fredericks - Restaurant & Tavern. Daily specials. Located on Loon Lake, 15 minutes away.
- BarVino - Wine and Beer with small plate meals. Downtown North Creek, NY.
- Inn On Gore Mounatin - Great Restaurant and Rustic Inn with cabins Check for hours operations .
- Garnet Hill Lodge - Old Rustic Charm, Great Food, awesome views. 10 minutes up mountain behind Adirondack Adventures Base.
- Barking Spider - 302 Main St North Creek, NY 12853 518-744-0234 (temp). Hearty Soups, Salads, Appetizers, Entrees & Blackboard Specials. Lunch/Dinner, YR.
- Basil & Wicks - RT 28 North Creek, NY. 518-251-3100. Comfortable Bar and separate dining Room. Great Food, Specials, etc
AREA INFO & ATTRACTIONS
- Adirondack Extreme - Tree Top Ropes Courses, Zip Lines, etc
- Circle B Ranch - 15 Min. away, horseback Riding, Sleigh Rides etc. 518-494-4888
- Garnet Hill Lodge - Cross Country Ski & Mountain Bike Center.
- Natural Stone Bridge and Caves - Natural wonder, Caving, Adventure, Tours & More 518-494-2283
- Beyond Gore Mountain - North River, NY Activities, Lodging, etc
- Harvey Road - Ski & Rafting Blog Site - Fun & Interesting info of the area.
CAMPGROUNDS, RV'S & CAMPING
- Cedarwood B & B - Camping - http://www.cedarwoodbb.com/Camping.html. Outdoor shower. furnished tents or bring your own. Breakfast included
- Dagget Lake – RV"s. Warrensburg, NY. On private lake, trailers, tents, * facilities, opens mid-may, approx. 25 min drive to Adirondack Adventures. Tenting = $20.00 per night for 2 people.
- Lake George Escape –RV's. One of our favorites for large private campground with loads of amenities. Warrensburg, NY Full amenities, pool, etc riverside, very nice digs. 25-30 minutes away. www.lakegeorgeescape.com. 518-623-3207
- Lake George RV Park - Highly recommended, large park with all amenities, pool, etc. 5 Min. drive to Lake George Village, 30 minutes to Adirondack Adventures. 518-793-3775. http://www.lakegeorgervpark.com/
- Minerva Lake – Town run- 15 min. away, on lake, facilities, highly recommended.
- http://www.townofminerva.us/campground.html, For Reservations Call (518) 251-2869.
- N.Y.State D.E.C. Campgrounds – Reservations required, variety of facilities. 1-800-456-2267,newyorkstateparks.reserveamerica.com
- Eagle Point – 518-494-2220 On Schroon Lake, Tenting, * Facilities, Nice Beach, Tent Site = $22.00 per night with max. of 6 people. 25 min drive to Adirondack Adventures.
- Hearthstone Point – Diamond Point, NY. On Lake George, 5 min. from Lake George Village, * Facilities. 50 min to Adirondack Adventures. Reservations Required
- Lake Durant – 518-352-7797. 25 min away.
- Lewey Lake – 518-648-5266. $20.00. 25 min away
- Roger Rock – 518-585-6746. $22.00. Beautiful, scenic, on northern Lake George. 50 min away
- Indian Lake Islands – 518-648-5300. $20.00. 30 min away.
- Lake George Islands – Reservations well in advance (often over 1 yr out) reservations -http://newyorkstateparks.reserveamerica.com/Camping
- Lake George battlegrounds - (518)668-3348
- K.O.A. – 518-696-2615. Lake George, NY (lake Luzerne), facilities. Approx. 40 min drive to Adirondack Adventures.
- Camp Read – (518) 494-2228 www.wpcbsa.org/read/ Boy Scout Owned, good for larger groups. On Brant Lake. Facilities, Approx. 35 min drive. To Adirondack Adventures
- Glen Hudson – 518-623-2870 – Warrensburg, NY. Mostly RV’s, Seasonal rentals, etc. On the Hudson River, trailers, tents, opens mid-may, 10 min to stores, facilities approx. 25- 30 min. drive to Adirondack Adventures.
- N.Y.State Campsites @ Thirteenth Lake – 5 sites at Boat Access. Outhouses, fire pits. First come first served, often full, especially Summer Holidays and week ends. Highly Recommended. 10 min. drive to Adirondack Adventures.
- Primitive Camping Area in North Creek - Tent with No Place to go – Free Camping, Private land, No Fires, No facilities, rough driveway. RT 28 on left (Look Back) at end of town of North Creek, NY. 5 minute drive.
RIVER STUFF, GEAR, TRAVEL & WEATHER
- American Whitewater
- USGS Real-Time Water Data - River levels
- Northeast River Forecast Center
- Northeast Weather (The weather channel)
- National Organization for Rivers (conservation info)
- Alaska Vacations - Alaska Lodging & Vacation Package
- Action White Water Rafting- White water rafting Outfitters around the world
- AdventuresOnly.com - International Adventure Travel Guide.