WHERE TO STAY IN THE ADIRONDACKS
EXPLORE THE AREA
While you enjoy your white water rafting, kayaking, canoeing or other adventures in the Adirondacks, you may find the following list helpful. You’ll find lodging nearby, great restaurants, other attractions & activities, & gear stores! North Creek is just 30 minutes from Lake George, NY and is the Adventure Capitol of the Southern Adirondacks
- Adirondack Hobby Farm – Cabins, Wall Tents, Glamping
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18406060 Minutes up the hill. Great Views, Leslie is an awesome Host.
- The “Gore Mountain House”- 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and sleeps up to 10 people. Located just of off Main Street an easy 2-5 minute walk to North Creek restaurants, shops, grocery stores, etc 845-325-5762, 518-338-9005 (voice mail)
- Garnet Hill Lodge – Log Lodge, Restaurant, X-Country Ski & Mountain Bike Center. House rentals. 7 minutes away at top of the mountain behind Adirondack Adventures. Book Rafting with us and receive special discount rates. Call for details.
- The Lodge – Convenient location next to Gore Mountain, town, etc. Campfires, Barbecue, 855-846-7365
- Gore Mountain Suites and Chalet – 10 min. away, 5 star rated, great hanging-out property, minutes to North Creek Village
- HRTC Town Home Vacation Rentals : Hudson River Trading Co. – 5 Minutes from Adirondack Adventures. In town of North Creek, walk to stores, restaurants, etc
- Phoenix Resort – Larger motel in downtown North Creek with restaurant and tavern on property. walk to stores, etc
- O.P. Fredericks – Restaurant & Tavern. Daily specials. Located on Loon Lake, 15 minutes away.
- BarVino – Wine and beer with small plate meals. Downtown North Creek, NY.
- Inn On Gore Mountain – Great restaurant and rustic inn with cabins Check for hours of operation.
- Garnet Hill Lodge – Old Rustic Charm, Great Food, awesome views. 10 minutes up the mountain behind Adirondack Adventures Base.
- Barking Spider – 302 Main St North Creek, NY 12853. Year round, Shuffle Board, Great Prices, Awesome Burgers, Quesadilla’s, etc. Staff Favorite
- Basil & Wicks – RT 28 North Creek, NY. 518-251-3100. Comfortable Bar and separate dining room. Great Food, Specials, etc
- Phoenix Restorante & Trappers Tavern at the Phoenix resort
OTHER ADIRONDACK ATTRACTIONS
- Adirondack Extreme – Tree Top Ropes Courses, Zip Lines, etc
- Circle B Ranch – 15 Min. away, Horseback Riding, Sleigh Rides etc. 518-494-4888
- Garnet Hill Lodge – Cross Country Ski & Mountain Bike Center.
- Natural Stone Bridge and Caves – Natural wonder, Caving, Adventure, Tours & More 518-494-2283
- Harvey Road – Ski & Rafting Blog Site – Fun & Interesting info of the area.
- VisitNorthCreek – Local Information.
CAMPGROUNDS, RV’S & CAMPING
- Cedarwood B & B – Camping – Outdoor shower. furnished tents or bring your own. Breakfast included
- Lake George Escape –RV’s. One of our favorites for a large private campground with loads of amenities, pool, etc riverside, very nice digs. Warrensburg, NY 25-30 minutes away. www.lakegeorgeescape.com. 518-623-3207
- Minerva Lake – Town run- 15 min. away, on lake, facilities, highly recommended.
- Lake Durant – 518-352-7797. 25 min away.
- Lewey Lake – 518-648-5266. 25 min away
- Indian Lake Islands – 518-648-5300. 30 min away.
- Camp Read – (518) 494-2228 www.wpcbsa.org/read/ Boy Scout Owned, good for larger groups. On Brant Lake. Facilities, Approx. 35 min drive. To Adirondack Adventures
- N.Y.State Campsites @ Thirteenth Lake – 5 sites at Boat Access. Outhouses, fire pits. First come first served, often full, especially Summer Holidays and weekends. Highly Recommended. 10 min. drive to Adirondack Adventures.
- Primitive Camping Area in North Creek – Tent with No Place to go – Free Camping, Private land, No Fires, No facilities, rough driveway. RT 28 on left (Look Back) at end of town of North Creek, NY. 5-minute drive.
RIVER STUFF, GEAR, TRAVEL & WEATHER